Your local Bike Shop
Selling fun since 1982
Your Local Bike Shop
Selling Fun for 25 Years
Trek Fuel EX 5 (2020) Slate/Trek Black
Fuel EX 5 is the gateway to full suspension trail bikes. A 140 mm fork and 130 mm of rear travel, a Shimano 1x10 drive train, a dropper post for getting low on descents and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes make Fuel EX 5 a high-value, high-performance mounta
Fuel EX 5 is the gateway to full suspension trail bikes. A 140 mm fork and 130 mm of rear travel, a Shimano 1x10 drive train, a dropper post for getting low on descents and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes make Fuel EX 5 a high-value, high-performance mountain bike with exceptional versatility.
It's right for you if...
You're ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike at a great value. You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable and responsive, so you can stay in control no matter where you're riding.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with internal cable routing, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A 140 mm RockShox Recon RL fork, 130 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe Select Plus shock, a durable 10-speed Shimano Deore drive train, dropper post and hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same frame and suspension tech found on our higher-end alloy Fuel EX models. Quality RockShox suspension, a dropper post and a Shimano 1x10 drive train make for an ideal introduction to the world of full suspension trail riding.
Why you'll love it
- You're getting incredible features and the latest mountain bike innovations at an exceptional value
- It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes: it shreds singletrack and can even handle marathon races
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- The RockShox fork's Solo Air spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it's lighter than a coil spring
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.