Your local Bike Shop
Selling fun since 1982
Your Local Bike Shop
Selling Fun for 25 Years
Trek Fuel EX 8 (2020) Matte Dnister/Gloss Trek Black
Fuel EX 8 is the ideal trail bike for mountain bikers who want a versatile full suspension ripper that can crush marathon and multi-stage races and still huck with the enduro crew. It hits the sweet spot of value and performance in our mountain bike line-
Fuel EX 8 is the ideal trail bike for mountain bikers who want a versatile full suspension ripper that can crush marathon and multi-stage races and still huck with the enduro crew. It hits the sweet spot of value and performance in our mountain bike line-up with an Alpha Aluminium frame, 140 mm front and 130 mm rear suspension, and a SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drive train.
It's right for you if...
You're cool with your wheels leaving the ground, but you also like to go the distance on marathon singletrack sessions and aim to clear every rock garden on the first try. You want exceptional trail bike performance with the same MTB frame and suspension tech found on higher-end trail bikes, at an exceptional price.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, a 140 mm FOX Rhythm 34 fork and 130 mm of rear travel with a FOX Performance Float shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper – it's enough suspension to go big while staying fast on the flats and climbs. A SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drive train with a wide-range 10-50 cassette, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels, Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes, and a Bontrager Line dropper post for on-the-fly saddle height adjustments.
The final word
It's a trail bike that is fully capable keeping up with whatever you throw at it. It has the same frame and suspension tech found on our top-of-the-line trail bikes, with a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drive train that delivers a huge range of gearing with the simplicity of a single shifter.
Why you'll love it
- This bike is perfect for shredding singletrack, hitting drops and pushing your limits in multi-stage and marathon events
- If you measure quality in performance per pound, you won't do better than Fuel EX 8
- You sense its capability immediately, like when you're charging through sections of trail that you never thought you'd clean
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.