Your local Bike Shop
Selling fun since 1982
Your Local Bike Shop
Selling Fun for 25 Years
Trek Fuel EX 9.7 (2020) Matte Raw Carbon/Gloss Trek Black
Fuel EX 9.7 is a full suspension carbon trail bike with performance tech where it makes the biggest difference. It pairs a lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, quality FOX suspension, and powerful 4-piston brakes to make a fast, fun mountain bike that
Fuel EX 9.7 is a full suspension carbon trail bike with performance tech where it makes the biggest difference. It pairs a lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, quality FOX suspension, and powerful 4-piston brakes to make a fast, fun mountain bike that can carve around corners, weave through tricky descents and charge through rock gardens with ease.
It's right for you if...
You want a single carbon trail bike that can take on every adventure, from singletrack to the gnarliest descents and multi-stage endurance events. You prioritise a lightweight frame and performance suspension over the highest-end drive train available.
The tech you get
A lightweight and stiff full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Carbon Armour, a 140 mm FOX Rhythm 34 fork, 130 mm of rear travel with a FOX Float Performance rear shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, a wide-range 1x12 SRAM NX/GX Eagle drive train, a Bontrager Line dropper post, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels and powerful Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes. An internal storage compartment and Control Freak cable routing add to the bike's capability and sleek look.
The final word
Fuel EX full suspension performance on a lightweight and trail-tough carbon frame makes for a fun and fast ride. This rugged, capable bike sails down descents and helps you hang tough during fatiguing marathon rides.
Why you'll love it
- Don't confuse the Fuel EX 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market – this bike provides an outstanding frame and suspension, with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear
- This bike is perfect for shredding singletrack, hitting drops and pushing your limits in multi-stage and marathon events
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.