Your local Bike Shop
Selling fun since 1982
Marlin 5 Women's is a trail-worthy daily rider that's perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork with 100 mm of travel, parts designed specifically for women, 21 speeds and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail, and you're looking for great value on a real mountain bike that can double as a commuter. You also side with women who prefer the fit and feel of a bike with touchpoints designed specifically for them.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with a sloping top tube on smaller sizes (XS and S) for better standover height and more confidence on the trail, plus internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look. Women-Specific Design touchpoints like the saddle, bars and grips, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing for big hills, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes and a suspension fork with 100 mm of travel.
The final word
A trail-tough mountain bike designed for women. It's built in Trek's MTB heritage, making it more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it's also versatile, and Marlin 5 Women's is a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise and haul a load.
Why you'll love it
- It's a real mountain bike that's also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin Women's models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it's backed by a lifetime warranty
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (17.5˝ and 18.5˝) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.