Your local Bike Shop
Selling fun since 1982
Your Local Bike Shop
Selling Fun for 25 Years
Trek Top Fuel 9.7 NX (2020) Metallic Gunmetal/Dnister Black
Top Fuel 9.7 is a quick and nimble full suspension carbon mountain bike that fuses the efficiency of a cross-country bike with the capability of a trail bike.
Top Fuel 9.7 is a quick and nimble full suspension carbon mountain bike that fuses the efficiency of a cross-country bike with the capability of a trail bike. It's built with a lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a 120 mm RockShox Reba fork, 115 mm of rear travel and a dropper for serious fun on flowy trails and techy descents alike. It's the kind of unicorn bike that shreds singletrack, stands up to the rigours of endurance racing and even gives traditional XC bikes a run for their money.
It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a do-it-all full suspension mountain bike that's efficient and fast yet capable of hitting some bigger stuff. You want the performance boost of a carbon frame, and you plan to put this bike through its paces on rough trails, occasional XC races, and endurance or stage races.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, 120 mm RockShox Reba RL fork with Motion Control damper, 115 mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Float shock and a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain. Plus, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, Bontrager Line Dropper and Tubeless Ready Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 wheels.
The final word
Top Fuel 9.7 is an efficient and capable short-travel carbon trail bike that's ideal for endurance racing, yet also at home on technical trails and XC courses. What sets this model apart is the lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame and solid parts spec that make for great performance and great value.
Why you'll love it
- The full carbon frame gives you a light, responsive ride
- This short-travel trail bike gives you a suspension set-up that’s capable in several MTB disciplines, and especially suited to endurance events
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defence to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 115 mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, TwistLoc remote, tapered steerer, 46 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 120 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float, 2-position DPS damper, TwistLoc remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 190x45 mm
- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.40"
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 32T steel ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92 mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, 150 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Comp, alloy, 31.8 mm, 15mm rise
- SRAM TwistLoc
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8 mm, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano hydraulic disc, MT501 lever, MT500 caliper
- M - 12.63 kg / 27.85 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|